Cardiovascular health, advanced clinical testing and lifestyle coaching
A new, ground-breaking course on advanced cardiovascular health coaching for personal trainers and fitness instructors to upgrade significantly professional skills and boost potential earnings.
This new and unique two day course, delivered by world-leading clinical experts, has been specially created for REPs level 3 personal trainers and fitness professionals who want highly advanced professional skills to help manage their client’s cardiovascular health. It also provides a unique opportunity to generate additional fees through the delivery of investigations and testing to successful graduates of the course.
The course provides:
- Detailed understanding of the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease and the role played by traditional and less well known risk factors.
- Practical teaching to enable the objective measurement of blood cholesterol, blood glucose, body composition, blood pressure, cardiovascular fitness and arterial elasticity.
- Subsequent access to industry leading technologies and professional suppliers for providing tests and infection control processes, subject to successful course completion and annual re-accreditation.
The course will take place in central London over two days, with a maximum number of eight attendees to ensure a highly personal teaching approach. Acceptance on the course will be by a pre-qualification on-line assessment and with a minimum qualification of REP’s level 3 personal trainer or fitness instructor.
The course includes:
- Detailed understanding of heart disease, strokes and vascular disease
- A deep understanding of the technical elements of atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease
- A deep understanding of Diabetes type I and type II and role of lifestyle in disease
- The use of existing health screening measures to identify and prevent disease
- The ability to objectively measure blood cholesterol
- The ability to objectively measure blood glucose
- The ability to measure clinically robust blood pressure
- The ability to measure body composition and interpret appropriately
- The ability to measure indirect VO2 max and explore value of cardiopulmonary testing in clients
- The ability to measure arterial elasticity and provide a vascular age to clients
- Understanding clinical boundaries and referral criteria
- Identifying ‘Red Flags’ and referral pathways into affiliated medical professionals.
- Details on how to access most appropriate technologies and suppliers to support the provision of tests
The course will conclude with a written exam and practical skills observed assessment.
The fee for the two day course is £1200, excluding overnight accommodation. Failure to pass the course will result in one further opportunity to retake the exam within the initial fee. The fee for annual re-accreditation is £50
Advice will be provided on appropriate pricing that attendees can subsequently charge their clients for the delivery of tests and investigations to generate attractive margins.
To enquire further about the course and the dates it will be held please call 020 7486 1346.