Cardiovascular health, preventive physiology and clinical testing
A new, innovative course on managing cardiovascular health for personal trainers and fitness instructors to upgrade significantly professional skills and boost potential earnings.
This new and unique one day course, delivered by world-leading clinical experts, has been specially created for REPs level 3 personal trainers and fitness professionals who want to upgrade significantly their professional skills to be able to help manage their client’s cardiovascular health. It also provides an unusual opportunity to successful graduates of the course to generate additional fees through the delivery of testing.
The course provides:
- Detailed understanding of the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease and the role played by traditional and less well known risk factors.
- Practical teaching to enable the objective measurement of blood cholesterol and blood glucose through finger prick testing.
- Subsequent access to industry leading technologies and professional suppliers for providing tests and infection control processes, subject to successful course completion and annual re-accreditation.
The course will take place in central London over one day, with a maximum number of eight attendees to ensure a highly personal teaching approach. Acceptance on the course will be by a pre-qualification on-line assessment and with a minimum qualification of REP’s level 3 personal trainer or fitness instructor.
The course includes:
- Detailed understanding of heart disease, strokes and vascular disease
- A deep understanding of the technical elements of atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease
- A deep understanding of Diabetes type I and type II and role of lifestyle in disease
- The use of existing health screening measures to identify and prevent disease
- The ability to objectively measure blood cholesterol
- The ability to objectively measure blood glucose
- Understanding clinical boundaries and referral criteria
- Identifying ‘Red Flags’ and referral pathways into affiliated medical professionals.
- Details on how to access most appropriate suppliers to support the provision of tests
The course will conclude with a written exam and practical skills observed assessment.
The fee for the two day course is £650, excluding overnight accommodation. Failure to pass the course will result in one further opportunity to retake the exam within the initial fee. The fee for annual re-accreditation is £50
Advice will be provided on appropriate pricing that attendees can subsequently charge their clients for blood cholesterol and blood sugar testing to generate attractive margins.
To enquire further about the course and the dates it will be held please call 020 7486 1346.